[thelist] Web services - what's the difference?

Anderson Cummins acummins at rogers.com
Sat Dec 14 12:29:46 CST 2002

The model behind web services is great and it basically putting some
structure around having a set
of glorified cgi's. Most of the functionality of a web service could be
achieved using cgi ( given enough time and cooperation from partners) but
what's nice about a web service is that you can "discover" services on the
fly and use those services like methods at your end!!
Thanks,
AC