[thelist] xhtml 1.1 and javascript and w3 validation

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 06:36:00 CST 2002

>Which does validate, but which also breaks this JavaScript code (in
>Mozilla and IE):
>
>document.widgets.title.focus();
>
>Can anyone tell me if there's another attribute that I could use that
>JavaScript will know about (because JavaScript doesn't seem to be able
>to find my id attribute).

It tries to put the focus on the title attribute of the form, which is of
course nonsense. Use another name for your form field.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
What shall we do with the W3C DOM?:
http://www.evolt.org/article/What_shall_we_do_with_the_W3C_DOM/4090/47311/index.html