[thelist] Generating 'static' php pages with php

Donald Noble donald at drnoble.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 09:13:00 CST 2002

Hi evolters,

I am presently using php to generate an image gallery, this is currently
done 'on the fly' rebuilding the page every time it is viewed. I was
thinking that this is probably wastefull, as the content does not get
updated that frequently.

I was wondering about using php to generate an include file, so as to reduce
the server load. Has anyone got any good info on this, as searching google
for terms such as 'static, php, update' etc. just seems to give me pages
persuading me to use php!!

Thanks for your help

cheers :Donald

  personal site: http://www.drnoble.co.uk