[thelist] Wireless Networking Advice

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Dec 15 21:34:00 CST 2002

At 06:08 AM 16-12-02, Joel Canfield wrote:
>Some user, usually higher up in the
>company, will always dump some secure document in an unsecure place.

And we can name this the "Microsoft law of security" ;)
(remember the last screw-up in the MS internal network security?)

I remember once visiting a company and helping an accounts guy with some
video display problem, only to find that all the salary data (supposedly
confidential) was freely available because he had shared C drive with full
rights to all users.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy