[thelist] directory structure

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Mon Dec 16 15:20:01 CST 2002

Drew,

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 10:58, Drew Psconi wrote:
> Thanks... that's about the same as what I have now.  I came up with a
> complicated error page which has the same idea as what you sent.  It
> redirects based on the URL but it doesn't work 100% of the time.
>
> I'd like to get two domains splitting higher level directories:
> htdocs/site1/default.asp = http://www.site1.com/default.asp
> htdocs/site2/default.asp = http://www.site2.com/default.asp

Seems like the already-given solution takes care of your problem - I'm
not sure why it wouldn't work "100% of the time"?  Under what
circumstances doesn't it work?  The only one I can think of is if the
browser fails to send a Host: header in the HTTP request, but that's a
protocol violation and no real browser would do it.

If what you want is a solution that works for all requests, not just the
index page (ie you can request http://www.site1.com/dir/file.htm and get
/site1/dir/file.htm) then I think a custom error page is the only
possible way, without being able to modify the server config.

Carl