[thelist] restating my cookie crumbling problem

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 10:45:01 CST 2002

I've done some more research and here is my current problem, hoping
someone can point me in the right direction.

My client is using Kurant StoreSense, a template 'build your own
store' package. I am building some functionality for him, and I have
to do it in my own PHP pages outside of his system, since we can't
put php code in his templates (its jsp/servlet based apparently.)

Problem is - I set my cookies fine in my php pages. I set my cookies
like this, in an init function run at onload:

----------
document.cookie = "data=<?=$data?>; domain=mydomain.com; expires=Wdy,
01-Mon-2010 12:12:12 GMT";
----------

When I check for the cookie in my pages - its there, its fine. Using
IE6 cookie prompts, it prompts me for it.

When I click back into the preview of the store (I am viewing it live
on the internet, but its only a preview, it runs in some kind of
protected directory) the cookie is NOT there. The link to get back to
the preview looks something like this:

http://www.mydomain.com/Page.bok?template=Registry

I actually end up at a page that has this basic URL:

https://www.mydomain.com/Admin/SupportMgrTemplateSetPreview.bok?smode=new&tset=43:CopyofStore

Any idea why the cookie might be lost? I am not closing my browser or
ending the session. I am still in the same domain I set for my
cookie. I wouldn't think the secure layer would have anything to do
with it.

Lastly, when I try and delete my cookie like this (for logout)

document.cookie = "data=nothing; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-70 12:00:01
GMT";

Now the stupid thing STAYS in my php pages..this doesn't delete the
cookie..is my syntax wrong?

TIA

Tom

=====