[thelist] JavaScript and GET name value pairs

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 11:14:01 CST 2002

I have a need to pull some GET name/value pairs using JS (long story,
I have no choice). I've been struggling with some code I found on the
net and wondered if anyone here has done this.

The first thing is I have a test page that sends the get variables.
It is simply this form:

<form method="get" name="test"
action="getVars.html?food=eggs&drink=beer">
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

Then the code I found does a few things, first it pulls the location
to get the whole string like this:

query = this.location.href;

This gives me:

file:///C:/getVars.html?

Notice, this has NOT grabbed the GET variables in the string..anyone
know why? Does anyone have a good script for doing this? What I have
found on the net has been wanting or old.

TIA

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();