[thelist] [DMOZ] submitting to categories

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Wed Dec 18 14:19:07 CST 2002

Message from Benjer (12/18/2002 11:17 AM)
>Should I submit to different categories or will I be punished for doing so,
>on their guidelines:
>
>Since we do advertising, hosting, print, web etc. it would make sense to
>submit to each caetgory, has anyone else had experience of this?

Usually there is a catch-all category for "full-service" type agencies.
Submitting to every category is a pretty good way of getting listed in
none. You could probably get listed in a couple, perhaps 3 or 4 different
categories in different areas of the directory, but choose your submissions
wisely.

Try for a Business --> etc listing and then the appropriate Regional -->
Country/State/Town listing too.

At least that's how it was 2 or 3 years back when I was an editor.

regards.
-marc