[thelist] Zip/Postal Code Radius

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Dec 19 14:32:00 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Cheng" <howcheng at ix.netcom.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 3:18 PM

> The Great Circle method isn't that hard. Here's the formula (this is in C#
> but it can be easily ported to any other language):

While not REALLY being hard (like you explained), I can't imagine that the
query you provided runs very quickly due to all the math involved in the
conditional.  :-)  But, you have done a great service by actually providing
the query and the equation... thank you.  What sort of speed results did you
get with it?

-joshua