[thelist] Update to an Access Database PLEASE HELP!!

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Dec 19 14:50:00 CST 2002

Casey-

First off, for the insert statement you should use the .execute() method rather than opening a recordset.  There's no need to do that.  So change it from:

sql = sql & "VALUES('"& logOnUser &"','Customer Portal', '"&
cusp_status &"','" & cusp_reason & "', #"& timestamp &"#);"

 Call oRs.Open(sql, oConn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly)

sql = sql & "VALUES('"& logOnUser &"','Customer Portal', '"&
cusp_status &"','" & cusp_reason & "', #"& timestamp &"#);"

oConn.execute sql

And for the error line, are you sure cusp_status is being set?  Try response.writing it or msgbox'ing it (this looks like VB to me, yes?).

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net