Semi-related question WAS Re: [thelist] Mac password help

Andrew Forsberg - pander andrew at thepander.co.nz
Fri Dec 20 00:03:01 CST 2002

Hi,

If it's OS 9 then boot into the OS X partition (if there is one), or from a
CD, and delete all the multiple users preferences files (System Folder >
Preferences > anything that looks remotely like 'multiple users') and you
should be good to go. If it's OS X then, as mentioned before, boot from the
CD and reset it.

Local security holes ahoy!!!

Cheers
Andrew

PS -- if the drive is in fact encrypted via pgp / gpg / fwb then you really
are stuffed. See if the CIA / FBI can help. :)