[thelist] DB entry shown as a directory??

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Sat Dec 21 00:38:01 CST 2002

Hi everyone,

I guess the subject was somewhat cryptic?

I have entries in a Mysql db that are mini pages or brochures for a business
directory.
The links look like this:
mydomain.com.au/cgi-bin/dockets.pl?action=showdoc&item=578

Is it possible to have that somehow to come up on a browser as
mydomain.com.au/yourbusiness/
or at least for that to be typed in and the page appear (not caring what it
says in the address pane)

Ideally I want the business to be able to use an URL to promote themselves
but the original is far to long and difficult not to mention meaningless.

I do not have access to the server config.

I was thinking htaccess but haven't found anything that looks like what I
want yet.

Any ideas/comments would be appreciated.

TIA

Adrian Fischer