[thelist] Eps images into word xp

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 21 14:07:01 CST 2002

> From: "fstorr" <fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk>
>
> Ah - thanks for that.  So, that rasises the question as to exactly
> what an EPS file is.  I know what it stands for but what exactly is
> it?! I've used it as Word doesn't have the greatest graphics handling
> ability, and I need to ensure that I get a good looking image for
> something I'm doing for my company.  However, I've got no idea exactly
> what an EPS file is.

i'm going to greatly oversimplify, but an EPS file is an image format
that can contain both raster and vector data... it's a great format
for sharing between applications, too, since it allows both a vector
and raster tool to import and export to a format it knows...

without knowing how complex the image is, have you tried exporting it
to WMF format (windows meta file)?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself