[thelist] [study] which way is quickest

Hans-Fr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6WTp?=ric Fraser hfraser at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 23 09:54:01 CST 2002

All I can say is read, read, read, do!

Keep a well balanced schedule! I read at least an hour every night before
going to bed! and 2 to 3 day a week I reserve myself 2 to 3 hours to test
what I have learned and work on personal projects that incorporates new
technologies and concepts that I have learned!

After going through a new book on a new technology and doing what you had to
do to really! understanding it (usually a project of some kind) take a break
and read something totally irrelevant to your work ! but keep on reading ..
Study habits die very fast and if you keep your brain constantly juggling
new concepts and ideas the faster you will learn them!

The reason for the break is easy! your brain still assimilates what you have
learned days after you have read it! and if you don¹t give it time to
assimilate it properly it will forget large part of what you have learned!

An other thing! think! think! think! before you test program or do design in
your head before you put them to test think of exactly how you are going to
do them. What programming structure you will have how is the design going to
be give yourself options! and when you get to your testing time on the
computer it will be maximize and if it doesn't work then you can find out
what went wrong! the best place for these is on your way to work and right
before going to sleep (beats counting sheep!)

My 2 cents!