[thelist] XML HTTP help

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 09:20:01 CST 2002

Hey Roger..

--- Roger Ly <RLy at homestead-inc.com> wrote:
> Hey Tom,
>
> I guess the first question to ask is what platform you are
> developing on.  We use Kurant StoreSense for our store applications
> and use the same functionality on IIS.  We have developed some
> ISAPI extensions, built off of MFC and the CHttpConnection class
> that send these requests to Kurant and gets the XML response back.
> All you really need to do is to generate a POST request and send it
> to the StoreSense server.  The server will generate so XML as the
> response, from which you can derive the result of your query.

I'm not even sure what platform it is. The page extensions are .bok
of course. I can only guess JSP because the guy over at the ISP once
said that we couldn't do something because the app using servlets..

The docs say a similiar thing, just generate a post request, etc. But
I am *tearing* my hair out trying to find out HOW to do this! Nobody
seems to have a code snippet and I have been shut out on my search on
the internet! Think of me as a monkey with NO clue about how to do
any of this...

I have read the docs and they lack the BASIC info to get me started.

> The data of the POST request will be your raw XML data.  Make sure
> you set the correct content-length in your POST request, and that
> you have a valid XML request.  I am sure that in whatever
> development you are building on, you should be able to generate a
> POST request and send it to some server fairly easily.

The docs give you the XML for the query, add or whatever, I have
that. No idea how to set content-length. No idea how to post this
data...

StoreSense does include a little test app (xBOKHandler.exe) to test
the connection. But I don't have enough info to even use that..

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/