[thelist] insert image using content: style?

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Thu Dec 26 12:07:00 CST 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:28:01 -0500, aardvark <roselli at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> From: "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat at operamail.com>
>>
>> You can't put HTML in a CSS file.
>
> crap... i looked all over the specs and i didn't see it say that
> anywhere...

Yeah, I think I read it in EFCB (Eric's First CSS Book).  Bloody shame too,
as it would be very helpful in a number of places.

>> You could try making the logo a background image to the BODY
>
> already went down the path... because the average browser default
> is to *not* print background images, that doesn't work... which is
> why i started down the path of the content style...

D'oh.... right... gotcha.

>> Without seeing your HTML/CSS it's hard to know specifically what to
>> suggest.
>
> well, it's not too complex, but here's a URL of the work in progress:
>
> http://roselli.org/xfer/content_leadership.asp
>
> do a print preview in N6/7 or O6...
>
> ideally, i'd like to also find a solution for IE5+, but somehow i doubt
> that's gonna happen...

Hrm... well, nothing clever here, but what about making the background
color of http://roselli.org/xfer/print_logo.gif red?  (Leave yourself a
transparent copy for another day if you decide to change it).  If any
solution relies on a background color and most browsers are set up by
default to not print background colors....

The logo itself (http://roselli.org/xfer/print_logo.gif) needs some
background color to be visible.  I can't think of another way to do it.
Someone more clever than myself might be able to think of a way

TjL

ps -- you have a little typo there... "lefmargin" in your BODY declaration
(missing T) and should use &#8217; instead of &#146; (which works all the
way back to NN4 IIRC).. that will clear up most of the validation warnings
;-)

--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>
30 Days to Becoming an Opera (6) Lover http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/