[thelist] decibel level detector.

Aral Balkan aral at aralbalkan.com
Thu Dec 26 17:07:01 CST 2002

> > Will it respond to "Make it stop!" ??
> > That's what most Flash I see makes me want to shout :-)

We hear you and we're doing something about it. Please see Scott Manning's
post on ActionScript.com on those "Damn Flash Pop-ups"
(http://www.actionscript.com/archives/00000413.html), followed by my post on
onRelease titled "Is Flash a dirty word?"
(http://www.onrelease.org/index.php?p=79769730&more=1#more79769730).

As you can see from those posts and the comments on them, the Flash
community is very concerned about certain uninformed uses of Flash that have
the very real possibility of jeopardizing Flash's future as the client-side
technology of choice for web applications. As I mentioned earlier, we are
doing something about it and that something is the What Is Flash? project
and WhatIsFlash.com (launching January 1st.) If you feel strongly about
these subjects, I invite you to come along and take part in phase one of our
project and help us define Flash.

Aral

---