[thelist] php and http post requests

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 09:31:01 CST 2002

--- Roger Ly <rogerly at bareviking.com> wrote:
> Hey Tom,
>
> Let me modify my existing post...

Let me THANK YOU from the bottom of my toes to my head! Seriously
Roger I can't thank you enough for helping me with this one!

> So, it seems you need the Content-type to be text/xml and there are
> some other
> things that I missed by not testing the code before sending it
> off...
>
> Anyways, this seems to work:

Like a charm. I did have to comment out the print header line.
Because StoreSense is returning an xml document, printing out that
info seemed to cause the xml doc to be invalid. No big deal.

> I did post some sample data to your StoreSense installation (sorry,
> I donn't
> have our internal one to play with right now... hope you don't
> mind...)

Not a problem! We'll just remove it.

> Again, let me know if that works (testing against your server with
> your test.xml
> file yielded an error from StoreSense, but that was basically due
> to invalid
> data being passed in the XML (the error message details what is
> missing from
> your XML).

Yeah, I didn't have the correct xml file up there, once I put the
right one up there I got the whole catalog returned to me perfectly.

Thanks again!

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();