[thelist] [Perl] Blosxom setup problems

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Fri Dec 27 16:48:01 CST 2002

At 11:12 AM Thursday 12/19/2002, Paul wrote:

blosxom.cgi in the cgi-bin (I am running Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Perl
>locally for development. The only crucial (that I can see) setting in
>bloxsom.cgi is the data dir, and i have this set to:
>C:\phpdev\www\public\bloxsom\docs

Do not use a backslash in the path. Use a slash instead, Perl automatically
will do the conversion during compile time. Using a backslash in any string
tells Perl to ignore the slash and not interpolate the next character. What
you are feeding Perl in string context is actually
"C:phpdevwwwpublicbloxsomdocs". Use "C:/phpdev/www/public/bloxsom/docs"
instead.

Keith