[thelist] IIS/Apache: Document Footers

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Dec 30 09:49:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Wilbur" <thelist at brucew.com>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 9:33 AM

> Standard Server-Side Includes (SSI) should work everywhere.  Nice thing
about standards.  I'm sure there are some articles here about them.  Before
I discovered evolt, I learned SSI from tutorials at
http://www.gurusnetwork.com/ (which seems to be down this morning) and
http://www.bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml .

> Hope this is what you're looking for.

Thanks, but not really.  I was hoping there was a way to append a footer
without having to modify any code on any page.

Can I assume that this is not possible with IIS and Apache using the
standard tools?  Is there some sort of installable component (like an ISAPI
filter, on in reverse) that can do this?  Anybody... ?

Thanks,

-joshua