[thelist] Setting cell heights in IE

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Mon Dec 30 14:10:01 CST 2002

When desperation exceeds embarrassment, I come to this list with questions.

I've narrowed the problem to a simple table.  I'm unable to make the height
of one cell small, and the height of the cell immediately below it tall
(remainder of page).  This is because there is another column that spans
two rows, and IE 6 wants to make the height of each cell equal to 50% of
the column height.

Ahh... just look at the code:

Though a stylesheet, I've had no trouble making this work in Mozilla using
the height= property, but IE always makes the "crumbs" and "content" cells
the same height, each 50% of "nav".

Thanks in advance,

...mike

PS -- I want to thank all of the contributors on this list.  This is where
I was turned onto the concept of CSS and separating style from
content.  Ultimately, this led to me "hacking" our web app to create skins
for it, which in turn enlightened our engineering group to the power of
this concept.  The next release of our product will remove styling from the
HTML and add unique CSS labels to each element.  The product isn't really
relevent to this group, but I thought it worth while to tell everyone that
this group is making a difference.