[thelist] How to install various browsers (esp IE) on one m/c?

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Tue Dec 31 09:46:02 CST 2002

> I've got IE4 installed on my W98 m/c atm, and I'd like 5.0, 5.5,
> 6.0 and maybe 3.? too just for fun. But everyone I ask seems to
> think any more recent IE will simply overwrite my 4.0, which is
> no fun at all.

3.0 shouldn't be a problem, as far as I know (just try it).

Everything from 4.0 and up is a little more tricky, however. Some
versions have an option to keep the old version under the "advanced" tab
or button somewhere. Some versions, I'm told, do not have the option to
keep the old version.

HTH

Cheers,
Lauri