[thelist] php msql on xp pro

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Dec 31 09:59:01 CST 2002

> I recently put xp pro on my machine at home.  Does anyone have a good link about
installing and running php and mysql on IIS?  I used apache 1.3xx on win 98 but I
was not sure how it would work with IIS.

both:

 http://www.php.net
 http://www.mysql.com

have windows versions on their sites. for PHP you have to decide whether to run it
as a cgi executable or an ISAPI filter, checkout the install.txt file for
directions.

mysql runs as its own server, so it doesn't really need to integrate with IIS...
the PHP engine will pass requests to it the same as it did on top of apache.

good luck,

nagrom