[thelist] Rapid PHP development

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 2 12:10:14 CST 2003

>I'm aware of the existence of many PHP application frameworks to relieve
>the pain of reinventing this specific wheel once again. I've been to
>freshmeat.net, hotscripts.com, etc.. and read all the blurbs. PHPLens
>(http://phplens.com) seems the most promising but sadly it's commercial
>and not cheap. Midgard seems too big and probably overkill, besides not
>fitting in my 'learn in one day' scheme ;)

Have you taken a look at codecharge [1]? It seems to fit your bill, and is designed specificially to speed up the programming of skeletons (common database tasks, for one). A big plus is that with one click, a project can be converted from PHP to numerous other languages (ASP.NET, PERL, C#, etc.)

A side benefit is that if you don't know how to do a certain task in a language (say, database updates in C#), you can code the stuff in PHP and have it convert it to C# for you and you can read the code. I don't know what your budget is -- the software is priced at $279.95 (there is a free download that isn't hampered).

1. http://www.codecharge.com

Hoping this helps,
--
Burhan Khalid
Email : burhankhalid[at]members.evolt.org