[thelist] Such a basic problem (p tag not block or new line?!), but I'm ready to tear out my hair...

Carol Stein techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Fri Jan 3 10:34:01 CST 2003

Hi, all, and Merry Christmas (to Christians) and Happy New Year (to most
Westerners)!

Okay, we have this Web site (<http://charlottetownmanor.com>) and it's been
drawing clients, everything's cool -- but now they want a few more
pictures. So I add one little portrait on the index.html file (see above
URL). Yikes!

Can anyone remind me why the p tag no longer puts contents on a new
line???????!!!    What's happened to block display????

I even wrapped the offending P tags in a div, and still, both the new
K-Meleon browser and Opera show the next picture immediately follows that
new portrait. I checked my css file, and I can't see where I set anything
different for the p tag.

So it's been a few weeks since I worked on a site, but really! Now I feel
so stupid words simply can't express it....

Grumpily,
Carol
techwatcher at accesswriters.com
webfriend at charlottetownmanor.com