[thelist] Win XP read only dir

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Sat Jan 4 14:33:01 CST 2003

> Basically the folders have a read only permission and when a folder is
burnt
> onto a CD the CD becomes read only and the files cannot be modified from
the CD.
> I think this is what was being asked!  Does this make any sense to anyone
and if
> so is there a solution?

None of my folders on Win2K are read only, but if I burn any of them to a
CD, they do become read only. That's just the nature of burning CD's. When I
need to modify the files on the CD, I copy them to my HD and then right
click to change the permission to turn off "read only".

If I want to copy the modified file back to the CD, I have to do that
through my CD burning software, unless when the CD was burned the "session
was closed", which prevents burning more data on that particular CD.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com