[thelist] PHP blogger

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Sun Jan 5 09:53:01 CST 2003

On January 05, 2003 at 4:31, Aleem Bawany wrote:

> I am looking for something in PHP, easy to customize and
> integrate with my existing site (smarty support is
> perfect). A bare bones blogger would be fine too, with
> possibility for expanding later on. I used bloxsom but
> that's perl and I really don't want to use SSI.

	I am currently using MoveableType, extremely customizable and easy to use
and set up. http://www.movabletype.org/

	Before that was using Greymatter, it's actually more customizable and has
better calenders, but if you are handing it off to someone after setting it up it may
be a bit more intimidating for them.
http://www.noahgrey.com/greysoft/

	Tried others, and the underlying functions of them all seem to be the same
and as the previous posts have stated, using php and MySQL for a project like
this is a good exercise in rolling your own. However, after the functionality is
there, you still need a nice interface and this is something that seems to be
easier to stand on the shoulders of giants and use ready made solutions. It's a
fair bit of coding to get it looking as nice as MT or GM.

Lots of examples of both out there, mine is at:
http://www.markgroen.com/blogx/

Regards,

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services