[thelist] Opera 6 Mac test

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 02:22:34 CST 2003

Hello,

I encountered a very weird bug in Opera 6 on Mac and I'd like some
independent confirmation.

Go to http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/tests/dhtml.html . It contains a very simple
script that moves the grey layer 100 pixels to the left or right. If you
click on the 'left' and 'right' links, however, the grey layer briefly
flickers at the correct position and then returns to its original position.

This happens only in Opera 6.0 for Mac, not even in the Windows version.
Besides, if you put the test page in a frameset (link on page) the test
works perfectly.

Does this happen on your Opera 6 Mac too? What's happening anyway?

Thanks,

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
Nieuw: Jaaroverzicht 2002
http://www.naarvoren.nl/artikel/jaaroverzicht_2002.html