[thelist] Cannot Delete - Sharing Violation

Jason Handby jasonh at pavilion.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 09:57:03 CST 2003

> This has happened to me twice now and is annoying as h3\\. Can anyone
> explain this phenomenon to me please?

If you have console access (or terminal services/pcAnywhere access) to the
server, try stopping and restarting your website from within IIS (or
stopping and restarting the whole of IIS, a.k.a. "World-Wide Web Publishing
Service" within Services). It could be that IIS has the file locked until
the user session times out (default 20 minutes). I'm sure I've seen
something like this before but I'm not sure if I ever got to the bottom of
why it happens!

Jason