[thelist] Just how secure is Access DB's

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Jan 7 10:29:07 CST 2003

Ok new topic,

I've been debating to use MS Access DB's for small business applications,
which is what they're designed for, and I just wanted to know how secure are
they?

In order to make them entirely platform dependant as far as authentication
goes, i.e. no IIS WNTCR, etc., I'm thinking about using a more local
approach to authentication. I'll just keep a small table with known user
accounts and passwords, create a doorway for the app, and check the
user/pass with this table.

Has anyone found any security flaws with doing this?

(whispering: Thanks)

Rob Smith