[thelist] Alternative to flash mx communication server

kupton at emibc.com kupton at emibc.com
Tue Jan 7 12:40:01 CST 2003

Hello everyone!

We are currently searching for a Windows based alternative to the new Flash MX Communication
server.  The solution will be implamented within the archatecture of the largest on-line personals
company in the world so it must be extremely robust.  What we are trying to do is allow people to
record a video greeting, from a web cam, have that file saved and automatically uploaded to our
servers to be streamed along with their profile.  Currently, the only way I know of to record
(besides programs like Premier) .wmv files is to utilize the Windows encoder.  MX has a new server
platform which actually automatically finds the individuals web cam, and the client can record a
video right from the html...it's almost as if the encoder is embeded right into the page.  If any
one knows how we could do the same thing without the MX technology and output a .wmv file please
let me know...Thanks again,

Kevin S. Upton
President EMIBC
400 Brisbane Building