[thelist] Grabbing output from js to a file

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 8 00:51:01 CST 2003

> Microweb is a fully functional Perl enabled webserver
> (Apache) that sets on a CD. The microweb program takes
> your page, or an entire website, and builds it's server
> on the cd with the page or website as it's default.

Explored this venue once before, I'm not certain if
this is the kind of bulky solution I wanna go for, maybe
as a last resort.

> The other option is to not run your page IN the browser
> but ON the browser. It requires IE5+ be installed on
> Win/Nix/Mac although your user will never see IE. Change
> the file's extension from .html (or whatever) to .hta .
> That creates a HyperTextApplication. You need to add
> HTA:Application headers to the file but it's a simple

Now that sounds promising! Thanks for the link... that's
where I'm headed right now.

Another viable option, worthy of note for anyone requiring
this sort of thing:
http://www.tek271.com/articles/java_2_applet_security.htm

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]