[thelist] Cannot Delete - Sharing Violation

Schenk, Fred FSchenk at RodamcoNederland.nl
Wed Jan 8 07:20:00 CST 2003

IIS locks the files for some time. A 'simple' solution might be to RENAME
the file. This can be done (I guess it is an 'enhacement', not a bug ;-) and
then the file can be deleted and the new one uploaded.

<tip type="Delete files despite of IIS locks (Cannot Delete File: There has
been a sharing violation with this file)" author="Fred Schenk">
If IIS might lock a file, first *rename* the old file, then *delete* it
before uploading the new file.
</tip>

Gtx,
      Fred Schenk

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you
are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in relation to the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Neither the
sender nor the represented institution are liable for the correct and
complete transmission of the contents of an e-mail, or for its timely
receipt.