[thelist] Initial site check

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Wed Jan 8 13:44:01 CST 2003

Ben,

> Www.dog-e.co.uk/funddata

Using IE6.0 on Win2K Pro, with a cable broadband connection.

I really liked the location where the submenus came up.  It made
the submenu look like a subscript or annotation to the relevant
item on the main menu, without hiding any of the main menu.  On
the other hand, the time it took for menu items to change to the
red hover color seemed to vary widely.

On the main page, the nav loaded last, and seemed a bit slow.  By
the second time I went in, I knew which nav I wanted to click on.
Could you save me some time by loading the nav first?

On http://www.dog-e.co.uk/funddata/investmentbanking.html, as
a matter of taste (and I certainly have none), the site's
basic color scheme doesn't quite seem to go with the livelier
colors of the graph images.

When I use a high res browser window, the spacing between those
same images is a bit irregular.  The first two have no space
between them, the third has some space above it, and the last
has twice as much above it.  See screenshot at:

  http://www.comsimplicity.com/screenshots/FundData.jpg

I know "data" is plural, but is "Fundamental Data"?  I think there
should be an "s" in "Fundamental Data produce[s] ..." in the Daily
Reports paragraph.  Likewise "Fundamental Data provide[s] ..." in
the next paragraph.

<showing off my own ignorance>
In the Data Feed Services paragraph, I hope your target audience
knows what a "bespoke feed" is.  If any substantial part of your
target audience is as ignorant as I am, a bit of definition would
help.  And why do you capitalize all the other instances of the
word "Feed" in that paragraph, but not the one that's bespoke(n)?
</showing off>

Regards,

  Ed