[thelist] calling a php file and submitting a form?

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Wed Jan 8 15:12:01 CST 2003

quoth Tom Dell'Aringa:
> Hey all, I have a strange request, not sure if this is possible. What
> I want to do is this:
>
> a) user fills in form
> b) submit form (post)
> c) before the form goes to the next page (onsubmit()) - I need to
> copy the values from the form and run a php script.. this means I
> either have to use javascript or post the form to 2 places..is this
> possible?

Failing a reasonable javascript solution (if you could even call it
that), you could very well just perform another POST request within the
submission script.

I'd recommend reading up on the HTTP protocol and perhaps seeking out
some class libraries if you're not up for writing at least a subset of
an HTTP implementation yourself (opening a r/w pipe to the host, issuing
a well-formed request and the appropriate headers, and properly encoding
your request variables). ;)

--
shawn allen
  mailto://shawn@alterior.net