[thelist] calling a php file and submitting a form?

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Wed Jan 8 15:28:01 CST 2003

>--- Mike Migurski <mike at saturn5.com> wrote:
>> Why not have the handler form do both - handle the submission, and
>> do
>> whetever else it is you need to do? I can't think of any situation
>> where
>> you may need to do something that unconventional, but maybe some
>> more
>> details about the problem you're trying to solve would hlp.
>>
>> Short answer: no, form submissions can only go to one place.
>
>See my other post for my answer on why. So I can't do two
>submissions... but I could essentially deal with the form once by
>submitting it to itself (page) then changing the action?

Shawn's method is better - do whatever you need to do in PHP, and then
generate a POST or GET request from within PHP. GET is easier of course,
so use that if the remote script supports it. POST shouldn't be too
difficult though. (I say this never having done it before :)

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"