[thelist] link management

kristina ml at kfxdesign.net
Thu Jan 9 03:48:00 CST 2003

Wednesday, January 8, 2003, 8:16:57 PM, Chris wrote:

<:>
> 1. i really like the directory listing that can
> be added/removed at will from the left side of
> the window.
<:>
  (I'm not 100% this is what you mean)

  But if you mean does HTML-Kit display an area of
  directorys local and on servers then yes
  HTML-Kit does do this - I use it all the time
  and you can add FTP/folders to this aswell.

> 2. it's automatic link updating. when i change
> the name of a file via the left hand pane it
> updates all the links for the page throughout
> site.
  I don't think HTML-Kit does this but you could
  always try and write a plugin to do it for
  you....  Though I haven't looked through the
  plugins for a feature like this.  As I guess if
  there were going to be that many links repeating
  I'd probably write the page in php.....

> ** http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ nice, but
> lacking the features i like in frontpage.
  HTML-Kit has a vast number of features, have you
  looked through all the plugins available - if
  the feature you want doesn't already exist in
  HTML-Kit and doesn't exist as a plugin - you can
  download the plugin creator thingy(!?) and roll
  your own......!!

  I love HTML-Kit and my coding life has been made
  eons easier by discovering this program.  There
  are also a couple of newsgroups that Chami
  himself frequents and he takes the time to reply
  to everyone's problems....  Afaic tell he is a
  one man band who doesn't appear to ask for much
  in return!

  I highly recommend it to everyone!

--
hth