[thelist] Tooltips (was: Initial site check)

Benjer futureweb at macmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:54:01 CST 2003

>> this is really annoying since it makes it difficult to read the
>> submenu items. i have to roll off and then roll back on the main item to
>> see the submenu item, just to have it covered again with a tooltip.
>
> Darn PC's :), I need to look into removing that auto tooltip.

After searching evolt I came across this:

'tip type="alt attributes"'
I have never used this but was gathered from Linda R.
(http://www.playingwithfire.com - Fireworks site). If you do not want the
alt attribute to appear onmouseover, include an extra empty alt attribute
before the proper one, like:

alt="" alt="description here"

Apparently browsers that need the alt tag will use the second one, while the
tooltip will come from the first so not appear.

As I said, I have never tried this, but I have heard it works (though if you
try to open Dreamweaver with two alt tags it throws a fit).
'/tip'

Has anyone had any experience with this - I do use dreamweaver though..

benjer