[thelist] Index Server Column Question

Adam Slesinger badlanners at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:54:00 CST 2003

Hey folks,

I'm trying to work with a search engine that was already scripted.  It's
suing ASP and the Index Server on the host machine.  It works almost
prefectly and I understand the basic principles of it.  There's just one
element that is baffling me (and not working).

In the returned page results, I'd like the description meta tag info
retreived, but I don't know if there is a defined Column name for that info.
The code looks like it's creating its own custom colum with the alias
"description" but rstemp(description) returns nothing, even if the page has
meta tags..

I searched msdn for detailed information, but couldn't find anything to help
me.  Could anyone point me to some detailed reference material about this
subject, or help me figure out how to get the meta tags from the ixsso
query? Here's some code snipit

Set objQuery = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.query")
Set objUtil = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.util")
objquery.DefineColumn "description (dbtype_wstr) =
d1b5d3f0-c0b3-11cf-9a92-00a0c908dbf1 description"
objQuery.Columns = "Directory, USN, FileName, VPath, DocTitle, HitCount,
path, description"
objQuery.SortBy = "HitCount [d]"
objQuery.MaxRecords = 500
objquery.LocaleID = objutil.ISOToLocaleID("EN-US")
Set rstemp = objQuery.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")

Thanks all!
adam

bread_man

"Ein halber Laib ist besser als gar kein Brot."