[thelist] stat command mail error?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Jan 9 11:08:01 CST 2003

aardvark wrote:

> "The stat command did not succeed.  Mail server pop.XXXXX.com
> responded: cannot stat"

 From a quick `man stat` --

	stat(1) - display file or filesystem status

The mail server is saying it can't get information on a file; from
my experience this is generally Not A Good Thing. :-)

The file could be gone, permissions altered, or (worst case) your
disk is going bad. I'd log into the system right away and check the
syslog to see if you're getting I/O errors. Even if not, the syslog
may have more useful error messages...

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.