[thelist] Search engine position query script

Philip Lee lists at pidea.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 11:22:01 CST 2003

Andrew wrote:

Subject: RE: [thelist] Search engine position query script

> are you saying that there is a way to definitively checking where your
site is
> ranked on search engines?

No.  Every month I look at my referer logs, see which phrases are turning up
and then look to see in, say, Google where my site ranks for that phrase.  I
do this for maybe twenty phrases across ten or so search engines.

WebpositionGold allows you to automate this so you can see how your position
changes over a period of time.

I'm looking for an Open Source script that would allow the same.

Phil