[thelist] "Clickable" PDF's

matt s. mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com
Thu Jan 9 15:33:00 CST 2003

"PDF". I dont think there's a fancy term for it :)

The latest version of Acrobat offers hyperlinks, and alot more as well. You can really build a PDF which functions like a simple website, including Javascript (I built a "saving for college" calculator into a PDF using JS). Its not fun though. Its closer to building a web page in MS Word than
it is like building one in Dreamweaver. Alot of the web enhancements are buried in the menus, so you need to give yourself a little learning time to figure out where everything is.

InDesign is quite slick when it comes to PDFs actually, I would agree with the other person who recommended it. But its pricy, if all you're doing is the occasional PDF.

.matt