[thelist] Scam warning.

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Fri Jan 10 06:56:00 CST 2003

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've had an email today where a supposed potential client has asked me to
call them to discuss their needs on a new web site. The phone number is a
premium rate line.

The scammer had used examples of sites in general areas where I've worked
before (in this case recruitment sites), so I guess they've done a little
research before they email - but they could've just hit lucky.

So please be aware before you pick up that phone thinking "ohh lovely"...

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty
Mega Products Limited, 10-11 Moor Street, Soho, London W1D 5NF
http://www.onlinesales.co.uk/ Open Source PHP/MySQL E-commerce
http://www.liamdelahunty.com/ web/ design/ database/ programming
http://www.britstream.com/ Hosting/ Domain Names From UKP 7.50 p.a.