Fixed but still concerned (was [thelist] Absolute Craziness!!)

Frank Gorton fgorton at bixler.com
Fri Jan 10 12:46:07 CST 2003

I just looked back at your code from the two e-mails you sent with code attached.  It was the METHOD that you were using.  You changed it from POST to GET from the first e-mil you sent out see below, compared to the second e-mail you sent with more code, where you then had it sent to GET.

FIRST E-MAIL (Where the method was post, which is incorrect for querystring)
"I have an html <form name="Form" method="POST" action="Parseit.asp"></form>.
In my Parseit.asp I have request.form("FieldName"). I fill in the FieldName
on the form, submit, and the request.form("FieldName") is blank!"

SECOND E-MAIL(Where you changed the METHOD to GET which is required for querystring)
<form action="parseit2.asp" method="GET" name="Business Card Request">
<input type="text" name="Name" value="">
<input type="text" name="Title" value="">
<input type="text" name="Address1" value="">

So if you want to use request.questring you need to use the GET method want to use request.form then POST is what you need.

Have a great day
Frank