[thelist] targeting an iframe with a form

Hans-Fr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6WTp?=ric Fraser hfraser at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 12 00:29:21 CST 2003

On 1/11/03 4:29 PM, "Kelly Hallman" <khallman at wrack.org> wrote:

> Does this work?
> <form action="x.cgi" method="post" target="iframe"></form>
>

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Hans-Frédéric Fraser wrote:
nope but i did this and that works
myNewWindow.document.forms[0].target = 'myFrame';

see the window is created from scatch and takes it's html from a div with a
display:none

and innerHTML (dont ask me why) does not take the attribute target and
removes it entirely!

here is an example of what i am doing

    <form name="editFold"  target="favFrame" method="get" action="fav.php">
        some elements ...
    </form>

alert(document.getElementById(myForm).innerHTML);

the output is!
<form name="editFold" method="get" action="fav.php">
     some elements ...
</form>

as you can see the target attribute is removed!

after setting the body of my window to:
myNewWindow.document.body.innerHTML =
document.getElementById(myForm).innerHTML;

i do!
myNewWindow.document.forms[0].target = 'myFrame';

and that works no problem !

now my problem is getting the window to close as soon as i submit the
document!