[thelist] https question

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Mon Jan 13 12:32:23 CST 2003

On Monday, January 13, 2003 1:22 PM, Anthony Baratta wrote:

> At 07:07 AM 1/13/2003, Koutoulas, Pete wrote:
>
>> In the above scenario, where the page which collects the data itself
>> is not accessed through https, would the secure icon still show up,
>> since the form submits via https? This of course it important from a
>> trust standpoint, if not technically. Thanks.
>
> No. There will not be a secure icon present. Only a page that is fully
> retrieved by the browser via SSL will show the secure icon.

So, it's really just an academic question. In the real world, if we are
concerned about trust and not losing a sale (in the case of e-commerce) then
the submitting page should also be accessed through https.

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net