[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:33:26 CST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:43:00 -0500, Timothy J. Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>
wrote:

> I tried HTML-Kit and found that I did not like it (I can't remember
> specifics, and it may have matured greatly since then).

FYI after reading the rest of this thread I downloaded the new build and it
is much more developed than the last time I looked.

It also does appear to be going "pro"

Some features will only be available in pro version

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/pro/

But there will still be a free version, at least for the time being:

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/register/

Q) Do I have to register to use HTML-Kit?

A) HTML-Kit Build 290 and the standard version of HTML-Kit Build 292, will
continue to be available under the personal license. Business users can
register HTML-Kit Build 292 and receive above mentioned add-ons and a free
upgrade to the professional version of Build 294. Free technical support
for these builds is provided on HTML-Kit help forums.

(The wording says that the current build will be available under the
personal license, but doesn't say anything about future versions.  I'm not
sure if it was an oversite or intentional.)

$45 is about what I think UltraEdit cost... (checking).... UE is listed at
$35.. I don't know how they compare, so it might not be a fair comparison.
After all, Internet Explorer is free and look how "good" that is (*wretch*)

TjL

--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>
30 Days to Becoming an Opera (6) Lover http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/