[thelist] Transmission will be insecure - do you want to continue?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jan 13 14:11:01 CST 2003

At 11:48 AM 1/13/2003, Sam Carter wrote:
>I've got a login page to a course that is prompting 1 user with a prompt
>to continue or cancel because "Transmission will be insecure".
>
>The page has a form, and one input box.
>
>What can I do to resolve this?

By default IE and Mozilla "warn" you on a post of form data if you are
submitted "any" form data to an insecure page. Sounds like this use has not
checked the box to not be warned anymore.

It's a client browser issue, not much you can do except put language on the
page saying "don't worry about not using SSL here" or educate the problem
client.
--
Anthony Baratta
President