[thelist] htaccess not working with IE 6

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Mon Jan 13 23:24:01 CST 2003

I've a funny situation with this directory:

www.onpointsolutions.com/admin

It's password protected with an .htaccess file. Using NN and Mozilla, when I
try to access the directory I'm met with the password prompt. However, when
I try to access it with IE 6 as well as IE 6 SP 1 (both on Win 2K SP3
machines), I'm met with IE's "Action cancelled" error message. I refresh and
then I'm dumped at the /admin/index.shtml page -- bypassing the login
dialog.

I've tried the obvious: emptied my cache, history and cleared my forms and
passwords from within IE. I've closed IE and re-booted even, and still this
behavior persists. It's as if IE insists on remembering the login/password
info somewhere. This hasn't always been the case with this version browser
but I don't know what might have changed.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s