[thelist] text-based html editor

Kevin W null at tsn.cc
Tue Jan 14 05:04:01 CST 2003

> BTW, if anyone knows of a good Windows text editor that uses the Windows
> chrome (toolbars, menus, sidebars, etc) and can incorporate the emacs
> text
> editor or a reasonable facsimile thereof (it's flexible text-editing
> commands and the like), I'd love to hear about it. :)

My favourite is Vim, and no-one can convince me otherwise unless the editor
supports vi-like command based editing.  Has a surprisingly powerful
scripting interface, macros, syntax highlighting/indenting, folding, yadda
yadda..  And yes, it runs well on Windows.

Homepage: http://vim.sourceforge.net/
What is Vim: http://vim.sourceforge.net/about.php

BTW, I'm running my new blog from a vim script:
http://www.mypage.tsn.cc/trats/

--
Kevin W :-)